Thank you so much for your interest in my work. I’m thrilled to have been selected as a finalist in the Garden and Gun: Made in the South Awards for 2011.
Below are a few black and white images of the recent Denton Rifle, a Flintlock Long Rifle as featured in Garden and Gun, as well as a recent Long Rifle, showcasing the detail, design and craftsmanship. The stock is a single piece of curly maple with wire inlay of sterling silver, including dot and scroll accents. Price was approximately $25,000.
The second gun in the gallery (color images) is a Flintlock Jaeger Rifle, featuring a single piece of curly maple, wire inlay of sterling silver, dot and scroll accents, and a sterling silver trigger guard. Price on request.
A few things you’ll want to know:
• My rifles are hand-made to order, one-at-a time.
• Please note, the average time from the date of acceptance of the order to completion is approximately 6 months to one year.
• Typically, the rifle is relief-carved in front of and behind the cheek piece, behind the barrel tang and around the lower ramrod pipe. There is also a raised, beaded moulding extending from the lower pipe along the forestock to the nosecap as well as a raised border around the lock plate and side plate.
• The length of the barrel is standard at 44″. Should you prefer a different length, an additional deposit may be required. The octagonal barrel is tapered and flared often referred to as “swamped”.
• Mounts are available blued, browned or polished steel, or polished brass, as is your preference.
• To place an order, please respond with your contact information including phone, as well as time(s) of day you prefer to be contacted. I prefer to speak directly with you about the details of the gun(s) as each is made to order.
Thank you again,
Bobby Denton Rifles
Made in Morganton, NC